Sunday 1 January 2017

Happy New Year

Well, I failed miserably on Last Years Resolutions, so I am not making any for 2017.  I should know by now, that best made plans often go out the window and the 2016 ones certainly did.  

One of the big changes I had in my life last year, was a change of Job.  Still with the same emergency service but a more challenging role, new location and hopefully the prospect of qualifications at the end.  On the down side is that I have less time to craft due to the longer travel time and my brian being pickled with all the new information it is taking on board.  When I have been making cards, that have usually been quick cards and were not good enough to blog.

Over the festive season, I have had chance to relax and play at my table which I have really enjoyed and missed.  Hopefully, going forward, I can find a balance between work, study and play.  

Anyway, enough prattling on, this is a card I have made following a few challenges.  The hedgehogs are Penny Black clear stamps with I coloured and added some Stickles to their scarves.  The backing paper is scrap from an old Papermania paperback, sentiment is a Hunkydory one and snowflake is a Sizzix diecut.  Tools used was my snowflake embossing folder. The challenges covered are:-

6 comments:

Jo Nevill said...

Such a fun card
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week and Happy New Year !

Jo x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Such a cute creation, love the little scene you have created

Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Purple Frog this month, good luck in the draw!
Hugs Shell xx

Helen said...

So sweet - those hedgies look like they're having lots of fun!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Sue from Oregon said...

Hi Karen! Now you only have 1000 unfinished projects...this is a cute winter scene with the fun embossed snow!!!
Thanks for sharing you wonderful inspiration with us for our December Penny Black Saturday Challenge ! I hope you will join in our Anything Goes January Challenge too.

♥ Sue Kment

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 314 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for January - I'd love to see it there too x

Crafty Amy said...

Well done on the change of role last year. I worked for the emergency services until last year :D
This is such a cute card! I love the way you have used the embossing.
Thank you for joining us at the Crafty purple frog challenge.

Huge hugs

Amy xx